Outstanding service in a truly extraordinary mountain setting
Celebrate your special day in an equally special place, where life is always an adventure, where great food is savored and where love thrives in the fresh mountain air.
Ideal for intimate weddings, Cedar House Sport Hotel offers year round mountain elegance with exceptional wedding planning services and unsurpassed culinary excellence. Couples choose Cedar House Sport Hotel so they can wholeheartedly enjoy their special day with family and friends knowing that every detail is in accomplished hands.
Whether you marry on-site, on a mountaintop or on the lakeshore, Cedar House Sport Hotel works closely with you to create an incredible and truly memorable wedding followed by an unforgettable reception at our European-inspired boutique property.
It’s unique. It’s intimate. It’s hip and it synchs with your values and style.
We simplify the wedding planning process for you by taking a comprehensive and holistic approach. Couples enjoy:
- Truly custom weddings for 60 to 100 guests
- Facility fee includes full coordination and design (on site ceremonies)
- Exceptional attention to detail from conceptualization to décor to menu to postwedding events such as an on-site brunch or luncheon to go
- Culinary excellence from Stella Kitchen
- Environmentally conscience ethos
- Personal attention from your hosts, Patty and Jeff Baird
All Cedar House Wedding Experiences include:
- Heat lamps, if appropriate
- Cake cutting and service
- Complimentary sparkling wine toast for all of your guests
- Two complimentary evenings at Cedar House Sport Hotel for couple (suite)
|2017 Pricing (2016 Weddings are SOLD OUT)||Low Season
OCT 1 – MAY 31
JUNE 1 – SEPT 30
|REHEARSAL DINNER||start at $85/person
no additional facility fee
|start at $85/person
no additional facility fee
reception only | off site ceremony planning available
|$4,200 + Food & Beverage||$5,200 + Food & Beverage|
onsite ceremony & reception
|$4,900 + Food & Beverage||$5,900 + Food & Beverage|
* Minimum guest count of 50 is required for all wedding services.
* A full hotel buy-out is required for weddings of 75+ guests. Any unused rooms are the responsibility of the wedding party.
* Off site ceremony coordination, management, set up at Donner Lake – $500
Cedar House ‘Wedding Extras’
Stella Kitchen tailors seasonal produce with your favorite ingredients and flavors to create special dinners before your big day.
Bachelor & Bachelorette Getaways
Choose an adventure, culinary, health & wellness or fusion themed celebration. Cedar House will customize a one-day, weekend long or full week celebration whether you’d like outdoor adventures, cooking classes or relaxing retreat.
Cedar House serves as your personal concierge to schedule in-room massages, spa services in town, wedding party adventures and other Truckee-Tahoe activities.
We can design and print your final collateral to match your existing invitations and other print material (cost will apply)
- Dinner Menus
- Drink / Dessert Menus
- Welcome Letters for guests
- Table Cards for assigned seatings
- Seating Displays for assigned seatings
- Seat Tags for ceremony seating
- Maps for directions to local attractions
- Weekend Itineraries
Personal wedding planner, focused on your needs
On what is believed to be the most important day of your life, we want to ensure that the only other two words that will cross your mind are “no worries.” When you book your wedding at the Cedar House Sport Hotel, owner Patty Baird, your personal wedding planner takes care of every detail. Patty understands the nerves that come with booking a wedding and even more so a destination wedding. With numerous weddings under her belt she will help you to relax while delivering a professional executed, beautifully wrapped special day for you and your guests.
Unsurpassed Culinary Excellence from the Stella Kitchen
The Cedar House features a centralized garden patio that is perfect for intimate ceremonies between 60-80 guests.
Although Cedar House will be happy to coordinate a ceremony on Lake Tahoe, another popular lakefront option is Donner Lake. With ample parking and a ceremony site on the shoreline, Donner Lake is the perfect lakeside venue that is just 8 miles from the hotel.
Stella Indoor / Outdoor Dining | Reception
The Cedar House Event facility is uniquely designed in that it features an indoor/outdoor patio flow. Your guests will have the option of dining outside or in, but with the open door design, guests that are assigned tables indoors will seamlessly connect to the tables set outdoors on the patio.
Our main event room features large curve timbers and towering glass walls. This room is perfect as a dance venue. With it open door design that flow into the middle courtyard, your guests can relax around a fire pit between dance numbers.